Friday, August 3, 2012

My job rocks!

Today is the perfect day for a thankful post. As I mentioned yesterday, Evan is fighting his first (and hopefully last) ear infection. I thought things were getting better because he doesn't act bothered by the whole ordeal except he runs a high fever and wakes up often at night. However I got the call today at 9:30 that Evan was running a fever and had to leave daycare.

Bill took off Tuesday and I hated for him to miss work again. I had a couple things to do at work today that could not wait until Monday, so I had no other choice, Evan was coming to work with me. This should be no surprise at all if you know the people I work with, but not only were they fine with him being there, but they played with him, babysat so I could work and were genuinely happy that he was there. I know I'm lucky and that could have been a stressful situation was made a lot easier just by knowing that I didn't have to worry about where he would go or who would watch him.

To top all that off, Evan was such a champ! Seriously he was so well behaved. I mean quieter than I am most days. Such a professional :).

I know when I don't feel good, I want to be at home in my bed and I hated that I couldn't make that happen for Evan today. But, I am so thankful that I work at a firm where family is welcome, unexpected events are understood and people genuinely understand that the life of a working parent is hard.

Here are a few pics: a little work, a little play, a lot of sleep under the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment